TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - To me it is a little louder than I like but it sounds
People Seeking Info

Subject To me it is a little louder than I like but it sounds

Posted by SammybTT(TN) on January 27, 2015 at 9:22 PM
  This message has been viewed 207 times.

In Reply To Re: When I was investigating this same topic (maybe last year) posted by SpfldZ on January 27, 2015 at 01:46 PM

Message awesome! There is drone in the 2200 - 2600 rpm range.

Recently I installed sound deadening material in my car and that helped some but after my next dyno tune I will probably install side branch resonators or possibly some Vibrant resonators in the x-pipe.

Another thing that has helped is while installing the sound deadening material I upgraded my stereo and it helps to mask the drone while cruising thru town :).

Of course I can downshift to increase the rpms to get out of the drone range. Around 2700 or higher it is almost none existent.

I want to make a couple of trips down the interstate and monitor the frequency of the drone along with the dB and RPM to make sure I understand exactly where the drone range is and before I do anything.

I viewed many sound clips before investing in this system. Not sure if you have heard a B&B exhaust but I have a friend that has a B&B exhaust system and I believe it is louder than the SZ.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.